Re: "customers" demand an extra carriage

Hunslet's suggestion is better.  Make the 1832 service a "u" job ("Stops to
pick up only") at Strathfield, Granville, Parramatta, Blacktown and Penrith.
There is a suburban that leaves Central a little before 1830 that stops
Redfern, Parramatta, Blacktown and all to Penrith that has an abundance of
seats and fits the bill nicely.  The 1800 Sydney Terminal - Lithgow service is
another candidate for the "u" treatment although with 6 cars the crowding
usually isn't quite so bad.

As for skipping the intermediate stops altogether it's a pain in the arse.  As
a regular Hazelbrook - Penrith commuter it's frustrating having no direct
service arrive at Penrith between 0655 and 0755 each morning with the Fish and
Chips both express through Penrith and one service starting at Springwood.

In the pm it's 1648, 1732, 1846 direct home from Penrith (with 4 other
intermediate services not stopping at Penrith and 2 others only going to
Springwood).  When possible to change trains at Emu Plains in either direction
it adds about 10-15 minutes to a 45 minute journey.  I know several other
Mountains dwellers/Penrith workers who've ditched the train not so much
because it's slower but because of the paucity of service at peak times.

I'll take a U-boat back west on a local Mt Vic - Penrith trip in the peak
(however improbable).

Chris

3A981370@MailAndNews.com">news:3A981370@MailAndNews.com...