Re: South Africa Steam Trains: Garratt Loco page updated

<Alastair@elmarie.fsnet.co.uk> wrote in message
96ruhq$bli$1@news8.svr.pol.co.uk">news:96ruhq$bli$1@news8.svr.pol.co.uk...
> I suspect the largest concentration of Garratt locomotives in the world
> today is on the Alfred County Railway at Port Shepstone, Natal.  Somewhere
> in the region of 20 odd locomotives, mostly NGG16, although only a couple
> are runners.

I think not. Unsure of exact figure, but Alfred County cannot have as many
as 20 Garratts at Port Shepstone. I doubt it is more than 10. And none are
in working order.

Bulawayo must have greatest concentration of Garratts. Around eight still
used each day on shunting duties around the city.
--
David
Replace diesel with steam to reply.