Re: CityRail Station Staff

There have been a number of postings here in the last week or so regarding
the behaviour of CityRail staff. Whilst I did believe that some postings
were "over the top" in their criticisms, I do believe that SOME staff
members could improve their image. However after an incident yesterday, I
must join the list of very disenchanted taxpayers.

At a well known western suburbs station [those that were there with me will
know] I arrived on a train which was terminating and returning from whence
it had come. As I walked to the rear of this train, I observed a number of
youths standing between the cars of the train on the adjoining platform
acting in a dangerous manner. Believing that this adjacent train was about
to depart, I politely drew the attention of the Station Master who was
standing at the front of the train with the youths on board and advised him
of the presence of the youths. His retort was that he could not see these
youths from where he was standing and accordingly he had no intention of
pursuing the matter any further. Upon my comment that should these youths be
involved in an injury through their actions, I would be the first to advise
the authorities [police, coronor or his superiors] that I had drawn his
attention to the potential danger and that he had failed to act
appropriately. This brought out an exchange across the two tracks along the
lines that I was seeking to take over his job.

Needless to say, when the train departed these youths were still skylarking
on the gangway between the carriages.

I believe that the behaviour of this senior officer of State Rail was most
inappropriate and had a potential of criminal negligence.

If someone from State Rail reads this and wants to take the matter further,
I will be happy to supply details off this newsgroup.

--
Geoff Lillico