Re: Hunter Valley Resleepering Train

Alex Pout wrote:

> Graham Smith <dysonsmith@idx.com.au> wrote in message
> 3a8e1a7a@news1.idx.com.au">news:3a8e1a7a@news1.idx.com.au...
> > Seen today in the vicinity of Hexham, shuttling back and forth on the coal
> > roads - resleepering train, marshalled from the Newcastle end - 8248+8031
> > then two sleeper wagons loaded with concrete sleepers, then two of the new
> > NRC RHRH hoppers, their open tops shrouded in blue tarpaulins, then the main
> > rake of sleeper wagons, two more RHRH similarly covered, two more sleeper
> > wagons, 8215+8244.
> >
> > I am intrigued at the presence of the NRC hoppers in this consist. Is it
> > some form of trial of the new wagons?
> >
> > Graham Smith
> >

> You answered my question, I saw the train there at about 5:15pm and was
> wondering whether the 82 was towing the 80 (seeings as the number on 8031 was
> almost scratched out and almost impossible to read).  I also saw the sleeper
> train, and wondered about it (from 2 10 second sightings while driving past),
> but didn't connect the 2.
>
> Also spotted as I went over the Port Waratah bridge, a coal train with 4 82
> class locos on it.  First time I've ever seen a coal train with that many
> locos, except for 48's.

Not that uncommon FC have been running 4 x 81 class on coal trains into and out
of Sydney(To  & from Pt Kembla and Lithgow) for a long time.

They have also been known to have 5 locos on 4200 tonne(42 NHFF)coalies (3 x
86class + 2 x 422class assisting to Waterfall, all on the lead, with 2 crews),
although this was a while ago.

Just some info

Regards BEE EFF