Re: Hunter Valley Resleepering Train

Graham Smith <dysonsmith@idx.com.au> wrote in message
3a8e1a7a@news1.idx.com.au">news:3a8e1a7a@news1.idx.com.au...
> Seen today in the vicinity of Hexham, shuttling back and forth on the coal
> roads - resleepering train, marshalled from the Newcastle end - 8248+8031
> then two sleeper wagons loaded with concrete sleepers, then two of the new
> NRC RHRH hoppers, their open tops shrouded in blue tarpaulins, then the main
> rake of sleeper wagons, two more RHRH similarly covered, two more sleeper
> wagons, 8215+8244.
>
> I am intrigued at the presence of the NRC hoppers in this consist. Is it
> some form of trial of the new wagons?
>
> Graham Smith

You answered my question, I saw the train there at about 5:15pm and was
wondering whether the 82 was towing the 80 (seeings as the number on 8031 was
almost scratched out and almost impossible to read).  I also saw the sleeper
train, and wondered about it (from 2 10 second sightings while driving past),
but didn't connect the 2.

Also spotted as I went over the Port Waratah bridge, a coal train with 4 82
class locos on it.  First time I've ever seen a coal train with that many
locos, except for 48's.

Al