Re: Cityrail Station Staff

Nathan & Mel wrote:

> I would first of all, I would like to say where the hell would you all be
> with out us station staff,

Most likely on a train, it might not be the right one, but I'd rather
take my chances than to completely miss the train that actually was mine
- where would you be without people catching trains from your station?
I'd still catch a train regardless of the staff. Tickets come out of
machines, timetables are available from several places and I now have my
own timepiece. Sometimes the gaurd tell me where the trains going, so
even if i do step on the wrong train, i can usually change before it
goes to somewhere i dont want to go. but if not, i know which are the
stations i have to be sure of where the trains going to by.

> ok there is some poor staff out there, but where
> I work on the western line, we take pride in what we do, we are conversant
> with all current products and services.

Yes I catch trains on that line too, Its a good thing there arent too
many directions that trains can go in on that line.

> When it comes to Station Presentation (cleaning), there is no job too big or
> too small for us.Without us station staff, there would be over flowing bins,
> no clean or open toilet facilities, no ticket selling facilities etc...,
> when the junkies leave their syringes behind, we clean it up so you dont
> have to deal with it.

Do you get green overalls with "station presentation" blazed across it?

> Station Staff dont make trains run late, its a combination of things, speed
> restrictions, the weather (hot days result in WOLO conditions- trains i.e.
> reduce their speed), incidents on trains.So dont blame us, treat most of us
> with dignity and respect, one day you will need a station assistant to help
> you.

Ok so tell me why the trains late, tell me its out of your control, and
for goodness sake, stop giving me the apology/regret treatment.

> So everybody for fuck sake, will you stop whinging about Cityrail, I have
> had enough of itIf you dont like the train system, please find some other
> way of getting to work.

Do you catch a train to work?

> "These views are made in private & DO NOT represent the official view of
> State Rail/Cityrail

Good thing you work for them then.