Re: Some NRC info .

On Fri, 16 Feb 2001 18:09:33 +1100, BEE EFF <mcreely@pnc.com.au>
wrote:

>Maurie,
>
>Just a couple of thoughts,
>
>Maurie Daly wrote:
>
>> NRC made another loss of $30 million for the last financial year.
>
>Have to be careful with this one, was it actually a loss or was it a
>$30M shortfall in anticipated revenue(which they call a loss, even though
>they could have made a profit). So as far as Expenditure vs. Revenue goes
>,depending on how they work their figures would determine how much money
>was actually made.

Sadly its a loss.
I hope this table comes out.

Operating Revenue 3 466,134 429,705
Operating Loss before Abnormal Items and Income Tax 4 (30,064)
(32,777)
Abnormal Items before Income Tax 5 - 1,221
Operating Loss before Income Tax 4 (30,064) (31,556)
Income Tax Attributable to Operating Loss 6 (5,104) (4,480)
Operating Loss after Income Tax (35,168) (36,036)
Accumulated Losses at the beginning of the year (49,296) (13,260)
Accumulated Losses at the end of the year (84,464) (49,296)

The annual report is in PDF format which makes it hard to format for
usenet.

The critical items are
Total Operating Revenue = $466.134 M
Operating Loss before Income Tax  $30.064 M
Accumlated losses at the beginning of the year = $49.296 M
Accumulated losses at the end of the year = $84.464 M

Sounds to me like a loss in the financial year of about $34 M
I recommend that you read the Annual report as its a lot easier to
read.
Irs in their web site.

I suspect though that a fair bit of NRCs losses are for reasons beyond
their control.

MD