Re: Lilydale to Yarra Glen

"Thomson Family" <thomson@bigpond.net.au> wrote in message w%Oi6.26238$o85.127344@news-server.bigpond.net.au">news:w%Oi6.26238$o85.127344@news-server.bigpond.net.au...
> > As an aside to this, Connex are investigating the reopening of the line
> beyond Lilydale to Yarra Glen as they believe it has very
> > good potential.
> >
> Really?? This is not in their contract! I find this hard to believe, it
> would cost a fair bit to restore all those bridges. How far are they into
> their feasibility studies?

I think you'd find that that bridges would be replaced with something a bit more substantial. At this stage it's still in the
planning stage, no definite plan in place as such, don't forget that it was planned to extend initially to Coldstream that's the
reason for it on destinations.

> While on this topic what is Connex's views on the Epping to South Morang
> extension which is supposed to go ahead

They are trying to delay building it as they feel that it isn't a viable option (despite what opinions say).
>and the Glen Waverley to Rowville
> extension which was supposed to be investigated as one of many public
> transport improvements in the south eastern suburbs?

Glen Waverley to Rowville won't be built now that the Scoresby Freeway is going ahead.