Re: Satellite images

Daniel Bowen wrote:

> I thought it was going to be closer to Tahiti or somewhere - I think I read
> a bit in the paper the other day about a bunch of rich people with nothing
> better to do going out to watch it come down.

Yes, they are hiring a 747 to fly really high to watch the fireworks,
but staying well out of the path of the Mir's final journey in case
their plane gets hit by a fragment.

As long as it happens at night, and there are clear skies, this should
be a spectacular sight everywhere from northern New Zealand to the
north-east (where Tahiti is).

David McLoughlin
Auckland New Zealand