Re: Aussie railway slang

"Eddie Oliver" <eoliver@efs.mq.edu.au> wrote in message
3A87C623.8E5CAB57@efs.mq.edu.au">news:3A87C623.8E5CAB57@efs.mq.edu.au...
> Tezza wrote:
> >
> > "Eddie Oliver" <eoliver@efs.mq.edu.au> wrote in message
> > 3A87BF96.F9E6594B@efs.mq.edu.au">news:3A87BF96.F9E6594B@efs.mq.edu.au...
> >
> > | nor is
> > | anyone going to interpret "get the peg" as being an instruction to
root
> > | a distance post out of the ground.
> >
> > Hmm, the things you buffs get up to.
>
> Well, imagine what people might do in response to "sink the peg".

Or "sink the waddy"?

I won't even BEGIN to make references to a "hot box"!!!

--
Matt Smith
Brisbane, Australia

Notice - All comments and opinions made herein are that of the author only
and do not represent the official view of QR. All text included in this post
(and/or reply) is copyright to the author. Refer Egroups copyright policy at
http://www.egroups.com/info/copyright.html