Re: Abandoned railways of NSW/Vic website

Thanks for the comments do far. Very useful. I doubt that I will be able to
cover every possible abandoned line and I will certainly miss many without
support from those knowledgeable about some of these areas. My initial list
was just to generate those that I was aware of, thanks to Chris Stratton
for the answer to my question as to the name of the locality where the
Coolah branch junction was (Craboon).
Tripod wont give me an endless supply of disk space to satisfy all
requirements but I would be happy to incorporate any lines, forest
tramways, funiculars, whatever that people could reasonably research for me
as I am unlikely to be able to research them all myself. Having said that I
will be working down from my own knowledgebase of lines I have some
familiarity with.
Dont expect a polished, finished site any time soon. It will grow as I can
spare the time and constructive comments are very welcome. Info and photos
are already rolling in.
Most comments have been very helpful so thanks to those. A couple of people
have been a little picky, like "What about all the little bush tramways,
you are a joke thinking you can ever accomplish all that!" or one email
that tore me to shreds for one spelling mistake in all the place names I
mentioned.
Please, constructive comments only. By all means point out the errors (I
know there are going to be heaps), but I am doing this as a purely
voluntary thing for all the "rail" people out there. If your email sounds
too nasty you get one go at it and you will go on my email "ignore" list
and I wont even know if you exist!!!!

Paul Bech
morbieus@hotmail.com

Paul <morbieus@hotmail.com> wrote in article