Site of Rockdale Tram Depot

Hi
I was interested to find out what is on the site of the former Rockdale
Tramway depot which closed in 1949. I assumed blocks of flats or houses
would have been built on the site.
I decided to pay a visit to the site. I found that houses surrounded
the border of the land as they have done even when the depot was open.
The only way in was through a passage way along the former tramway
alignment where trams used to enter the depot.
When I got in there I found a large area of land untouched by any kind
of development. Nothing has been touched to the site where the depot
once was. The only thing that has changed is that there was a lot more
trees and no depot building. I even found an old tramway sleeper on the
ground along with some ballast.
Does anybody know who owns this land?

Sent via Deja.com
http://www.deja.com/