Re: Kadina-Bute railway line back on map

On Mon, 12 Feb 2001 00:01:45 GMT, dbromage@fang.omni.com.au (David
Bromage) wrote:

>Yesterday the Kadina-Bute railway line officially came back to life as the
>efforts of the Yorke Peninsula Rail Preservation Society were rewarded by
>the State Government.
>
>http://www.theadvertiser.com.au/common/story_page/0,4511,1700286%255E2682,00.html

With Pichi Rich, Mount Gambier, Victor Harbo(u)r and Wallaroo, what
line in SA will be next? Why not preserve the ALL the railways in
South Australia? There can't be that many left!

I can see it now. "South Australia Railways Preservation  Society".

I am sure this is the best, if not the only way, that SA railways get
proper and decent funding. Why not make Diana Laidlaw,  madam-patron
of whole system?

Can anyone think of a way to convince the SA Government that the Alice
Springs-Darwin railway consortium is really run by a group of
not-for-profit gunzels and retired railway people? Bet you $70 million
appears in a flash. It's certainly far less threatening to the
road-trucking lobby.

It makes me sick.............

Les Brown