Re: Train Drivers Life Expectancy

In article <JR_g6.933$FU5.30221@ozemail.com.au>,
  "David Bennetts" <davibenn@ozemail.com.au> wrote:
> Anyone watch David Suzuki's program the other night on SBS, dealing
with> sleep deprivation and its effects.    Some
> interesting statistics were revealed for shift workers - I presume
these
> were for Canada - truckers on average lived only 61 years, and after
> retiring the average "teamster" would receive only 14 monthly pension
> cheques before departing for that great truckstop in the sky.
Railroad
> engineers didn't fare much better, living on average for 64 years.  He
> claimed the average male life expectancy was 75 years (though I
understand> it's closer to 76 for Canada) >
> David Bennetts
> Bowral

Lack of exercise.....drive from home to work.. drive the train... all
sit down activity. Steam drivers had more physical work.

Food... what do they eat while waiting for the train to drive back to
home base? Hamburger??   Eat more fruit and get more exercise.

Sent via Deja.com
http://www.deja.com/