Re: Derail at Singleton

The freight will be sent around through Mudgee Gulgong hence through Ulan
to Muswellbrook possible XPT with passengers bused to Maitland from Gosford
and Broadmeadow just a thought on passenger.Freight has been done that
before.
Fred Morley

Geoff Lillico <glillic@msn.com.au> wrote in message
CaOg6.20876$65.106187@newsfeeds.bigpond.com">news:CaOg6.20876$65.106187@newsfeeds.bigpond.com...
> Graham,
> I am a bit curious. Was the statement actually made by a STATE RAIL
> spokesperson? If so, in what capacity. Track owned by RIC, train owned by
> FreightCorp or whoever. Network Control operated by State Rail as agent
for
> RIC. To the best of my knowledge there are currently no passenger services
> operated by State Rail on that line!
>
> --
> Geoff Lillico
>

> "Graham Smith" <dysonsmith@idx.com.au> wrote in message
> 3a826ab0@news1.idx.com.au">news:3a826ab0@news1.idx.com.au...
> > Derailment is just west of Sandy Hollow on the Ulan line. From aerial
pics
> > on TV News tonight, it is almost adjacent tothe Sandy-Hollow-Rylstone
road
> > just outside the village. Seven wagons derailed and scattered zig-zag
> along
> > the formation. Spokeperson for State Rail quoted as saying clean-up of
the
> > wagons will take until Friday and track back in use by Sunday.
> >
> > Also another passing reference to a derailment overnight between
Maitland