Re: Blowing the Horn

Most locomotives are equipped with town/country horns except for NR's and may I
say it is a pain in the arse.

A select few train wankers decided that NR's would be better equipped with the
poxy warning bell instead of low note (town)horn, so as to emulate the
yanks('cause everything is bigger and better in the Good ole US of

The bell is completely unsatisfactory(except in shunting yards) and drivers
have been pushing to have low note horns equipped on NR's as the bell does
attract some attention but not enough and the country horns are too high
pitched and deafen all around(great for level X-ings etc but no good in a built
up area).

We unfortuneately are having little success with this request, but maybe in the
future.

Hope this is of some help

Regards BEE EFF