[UK] National Rail Museum

Just got back from Europe for business, but while I was there I made the
effort to go to UK specifically to go see the NRM in York. What a
terrific place, even in mid winter! The majority is indoors at a
comfortable temperature (it was snowing outside) and it contained more
than I could look at even though I was there from opening to closing.
Not only static exhibits, but live theatre around the exhibits, live
demonstrations of signalling and the turnable, and audio-visual displays
everywhere. Too much good stuff to list. I thoroughly recommend this
place to anybody who is in any way interested in railways.... its magic.

Neil.