Re: Yarra Trams Article in Sunday Age

"Railvic" <railvic@primus.com.au> wrote in message
3A809196.3DC61550@primus.com.au">news:3A809196.3DC61550@primus.com.au...
> Further, it is unreasonable to expect railway stations to be able to
> serve ** every ** customer within 5 minute of thier arrival at the
> booking office windows during morning peak, because it is ** NOT **

Before automatic ticketing, it was not uncommon to arrive at my local
station and see a queue of 15-20 people in peak hour. The station assistant
could clear the queue in a matter of minutes - faster than the 2 machines
that replaced her can - and rarely was anyone left missing the train.

Daniel
--
Daniel Bowen, Melbourne, Australia
dbowen@custard.REMOVE.net.au