Re: old lines

Mark A Zanker wrote
>I have a vaguely illegal enterprise in mind, but I need help to carry it
>out.  There are many abandoned lines around this neck of the woods which I
>am interested in exploring to see what they were like, such as Gilmore to
>Batlow, Cooma to Bombala, Cootamundra to Tumut, Wagga to Tumbarumba and I
>know that in most instances, the tracks are still in place largely apart
>from where they have been ripped up or covered over (former level
>crossings), or fenced off.  To carry out the enterprise, I need a fettlers
>trolley, probably manually powered so I can go and have a look at these
>tracks.  Is anyone interested in such an activity, which is a railway
>archaeology project?  please contact me if so.  I am a little physically
>disabled and probably couldn't do this by myself.
>cheers

Mark

I suggest that you talk to some of the other persons that have tried this
and ended up in hospital with serious injuries.
What you suggest is not only illegal but extremely dangerous in many
locations due to track removal, land movement and barbed wire across the
tracks in many places.
It is not as simple as you put it.

Werris