Re: Tempe - Incorrect Signage?

As you are not able to conduct yourself like an adult in a public forum I
would suggest that you private email me your phone number so that we can
arrange a meeting so that we can discuss this further in a manner to which
you are accustomed.

"f.u.i.t.b.e.t" <fuitbet@yahoo.com.au> wrote in message
3a7b6eec$0$16382$7f31c96c@news01.syd.optusnet.com.au">news:3a7b6eec$0$16382$7f31c96c@news01.syd.optusnet.com.au...
> Buy a car or catch a cab cockhead........the signage is correct it shows
the
> next station in sequence.......maybe you should plan your journey better
> instead of only having two or three minutes to get your
> connection.......remember dickhead a train running up to and including
three
> minutes late is considered to be on time for operational purposes....City
> Rail does an excellent job on the whole, considering it runs over 27,000
> services a week on infrastructure designed by J.J Bradfield in the
> 1920`s........so get a life you whinging piece vermin......or a can of
> mortein.....go away cockhead
> "Optus" <ds_ready@usa.net> wrote in message
> EbJe6.11317$KY1.32820@news1.rivrw1.nsw.optushome.com.au">news:EbJe6.11317$KY1.32820@news1.rivrw1.nsw.optushome.com.au...
> > Hi All,
> >
> > Right down the south end of platform 2 (Local Illawarra - Down/East
Hills
> > bound) at Tempe station there is the big station name sign with "Wolli
> > Creek" as the "Next Station".
> >
> > Now, can anybody tell me if there is a crossover that would allow a
train
> > get from platform 2 to allow it to stop at Wolli Creek station? If not
> then
> > I would suggest that the "Next Station" should be signed as either
> Arncliffe
> > or Turrella?
> >
> > I rang the staff at Tempe station and they suggested it is marked as
Wolli
> > Creek, "because some late running rescheduled trains could use platform
2
> > get to Wolli Creek".
> >
> > I am just trying to build up a whole picture here of small examples of
> > mis-communication and bad management just to get a "point" across to
Carl
> > Scully. Other things include very few delay announcements, trains that
now
> > stop at Tempe and/or Turrella are not still not announced correctly at
> > Museum and Redfern stations. All this is building a picture that
CityRail
> > management are incompetent for the purposes of ramming the point home
that
> > trains are continually late on the East Hills line by a consistent 7
> minutes
> > which is enough to miss bus connections and the like.
> >
> > For the 3rd Jan the on time stats on the web showed 100% :) I was on a
> > special timetable train, 08:19 East Hills to the City, on both the 2nd
and
> > the 3rd both of which arrived at Central 7 mins late. 131500 have my
call
> > and the reason why on record for both the 2nd and the 3rd. I faxed the
> Carl
> > Scully's office suggesting that him and us were being mislead. I now see
> the
> > figures have been changed to 99.1%  for the 3rd :)
> >
> > Something funny....... Every time a train has run more than 5 mins late
> > have rung 131500 to ask for a reason why and to have a complaint put on
> > record. A few weeks back I was actually called back by a CityRail
employee
> > to defend CityRail. I allowed her to do this. I then told her that I was
> > actually on a train bound for East Hills that was actually running 14
mins
> > late. It was a fine day and it was very early afternoon well out of the
> > peak. The only thing that she could say was, "well, at least we are
> > consistent".
> >
> > Finally...... after 3 years of phoning 131500 the TVM machine at East
> Hills
> > has finally had its main green LCD display fixed. I have made at least
20
> > calls over that time. Up until it was fixed the readout of the price and
> > money due was a black shade of black on a not so black black if you know
> > what I mean :) During that 3 years we left Australia for 18 months to
work
> > on contract overseas. I was not surprised to come back to find the TVM
> still
> > faulty. My calls started again to 131500 and then finally to Carl
Scully's