[NSW] Werrington Station platforms

To all.

Coming to attention after going through one of my pictures, I'm always
(yes always) curious to know why the platforms at Werrington (For any
westsiders out there and maybe anyone who has ever passed there) are
closed off on the Kingswood end.

Refer to my picture for the meaning:

http://www.geocities.com/microchip_689/images/k86.htm
(Note, The camera was beyond the fence in this shot)

Is this due to the excess length of an 8car train or something (K86 was
an 8car)?

Also, anybody know (This Q. is more of a history quiz) what the
building in-front of St Marys Station is and also was there any kinda
branchline going into the defence area at Kingswood (Behind the Uni.)

Thanks
Maikha "V" Ly
http://www.geocities.com/microchip_689

Sent via Deja.com