Re: Locked off cars , was [NSW] T97

Well, my only experience was somewhere last year (waayyyy before I
heard about aus.rail)
I was on a V-SET and we were delayed at Strathfield ( Was in a
different carriage at that time). The weather outside was somewhat like
a mini cyclone, with gashes of marble sized hail, and winds simply
blowing you over (As I noticed the CSA's (?) jacket blowing OFF him!).

Anywayz, There was an announcement of a technical delay on the last
carriage. Just another 20min delay before an apology of it and we were
off again.

After stepping off my train (This was peak-hour, and we arrived at
Penrith 32mins late) at Penrith, I noticed that the trailing carriage
was closed off, and there was green tape on a window with a line
sticking out of it. I noticed this to be a long crack, not by the
weather, but something else.

Maikha "V" Ly
http://www.geocities.com/microchip_689

In article <981113640.962256@ns2.1earth.net>,
  "John Garaty" <jkgaraty@1earth.net> wrote:
> Greetings all, I can understand the logic of locking these cars off.
It is
> not good form to have passengers get the wrong side of volts from a
smashed
> open electrical cabinet or to loose their heads (or other parts) when
> hanging out of a smashed out window. Apart from being messy there is
also
> the paperwork, delays to passengers in the affected and following
trains,
> breath testing of and trauma to the crew and anyone else involved etc.
>
> I had a recent trip in which car 7 of an 8 car V set from the South
Coast
> was locked off due to vandalism. The 7th car front doors are the only
safe
> way for passengers in the 7th and 8th carriages to get to the
platforms at
> Sutherland, Hurstville and Redfern (8 car interurbans are too long
for these
> platforms). It required a double stop at Hurstville and Redfern to get
> passengers off the train and into the platform. I was asleep at
Sutherland
> and missed the goings on (or getting offs) there. This could also
apply to
> the second car as the front car and a half are clear of the platform
at
> Helensburgh and Unanderra on the South Coast line. Thirroul up
platform was
> extended last year to take 8 car V sets.
>
> Anyone else been stranded on an 8 car V set this way and at what other
> stations? What precautions were taken to get people on and off the
train
> successfully? Regards, John Garaty
>
> Sean <spam@doctornick.org> wrote in message
> 3a781272$0$16398$7f31c96c@news01.syd.optusnet.com.au">news:3a781272$0$16398$7f31c96c@news01.syd.optusnet.com.au...
> > It happends alot, something goes wrong in the Car and they close
the whole
> > thing off. takes em a while to fix it to, once one car was blocked
of in a
> 6
> > car v-set and it took em a week or something to fix it.
> >
> > <maikha_l@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> 958hda$pse$1@nnrp1.deja.com">news:958hda$pse$1@nnrp1.deja.com...
> > > mmm...that's probably the carriage I saw on the Eastern Suburbs
> > > platform last Saturday (27/01)!
> > > I was with a friend on the platform (25 at Central) waiting for
the V-
> > > SET to arrive there for a picture when an 8car Tangara pulling
out of
> > > the platform to Sutherland had one carriage with the Sticker on
the all
> > > the doors and the entire lighting in the carriage was switched
off!

> > > Unfortunately it was too quick for me and me mate to take a
picture of
> > > it!
> > >

> > > Similarly, I came past another similar encounter, but this time
had
> > > seemed to be the leading carriage in V94 on "the River" somewhere
in
> > > early 1999.
> > >

> > > Maikha "V" Ly
> > > http://www.geocities.com/microchip_689