Re: [Trams] Grand Unions in Australasia

David,
AFAIK Adelaide had several, (possibly four), grand unions.  Somebody
at AETM Tramway Museum at St Kilda should know the answer.
I will try to track down an E-mail address for somebody who may have
the answer.

John Lambert.
Engineering Supervisor
Brisbane Tramway Museum

David McLoughlin <davemcl@NO***damned***SPAMiprolink.co.nz> wrote in
message 3a7b081f@news.iprolink.co.nz">news:3a7b081f@news.iprolink.co.nz...
> John Dennis wrote:
> >
> > There is a Grand Union at Balaclava Junction in Melbourne.  There
were
> > one (or more) in Adelaide.  I believe there was one in Auckland.
>
> There were two in Auckland, both in the city centre -- at the
> intersection of Queen St and Customs Street and Queen Street and
> Wellesley Street. Last used in December 1956 when the last trams
ran.