Re: Class 180 to go ahead

In article <pCte6.84$bi2.6222@news0.optus.net.au>,
  dbromage@fang.omni.com.au (David Bromage) wrote:
> News from the UK which may be relevant to Victoria. The First Great
> Western class 180 DMU has been approved to run at 125mph.

I have several photos of class 180, they look Ultra cool! They were
built by Alstom. Several UK magazine editors very much favour this
train.

> The 180 is basically a streamlined Xplorer with the latest model of
the
> Cummins engine. This may be what National Express has in mind for the
fast
> trains in Victoria, especially since the Bendigo plan required 180km/h
> running.

Any progress on those 58 DMUs? I went through Adtranz(aka Bombardier)
several times and the whole plant looked dead.

--
Cheers

Railway Rasputin

remove <dot> to email