Re: [NSW] If it's not our fault, the trains aren't late

The Telegraph gives "acts of God, suicides, flooding, storm damage and extreme
heat" as examples of factors that will be taken into account.  I wonder how
objectively this will be done?  If a 1 in 10 year rain fall event causes
flooding purely due to blocked drainage or obviously inadequate drainage how
will this be treated?  To be fair, Christie is quoted as saying that the
inclusion of the stats will only be suspended when the cause "is well and
truly beyond the control of CityRail and/or Rail Infrastructure Corporation.".
We'll see.

Now they just need to provide stats for the full day rather than the peak
hours and separately show cancellations (including skipped stations) to
provide a really accurate picture.

Sensibly Jim Donovan from Action for Public Transport suggested past figures
(last 12 months) should be recalculated per the new methodology and be made
public.  Boof head O'Farrell's only reported quote was negative - if nothing
else it makes him a model Shadow Minister I suppose.

Chris

K24e6.30$zt5.1946@news0.optus.net.au">news:K24e6.30$zt5.1946@news0.optus.net.au...