Re: Spam - Snow white

I tend to agree with Graeme, AV software nowadays not only attacks viruses,
but also detects trojen horses. I have never had a virus on my computer but
have had many on floppies. When I first put my first decent AV scanner on my
machine (was an old 95 version of TBAV) it picked up more trojens than I
knew were around so who only knows what was going on behind my back, and for
those that don't know what a trojen horse is, think of the term "Greeks come
bearing gifts" and apply it to computers and the internet). It actually
amuses me how many people apparently got this Snow White virus, I have never
knowingly recieved a copy ( I haven't d/l any iligit attachments of recent)
but for a change it actually took me longer than normal to work out what
everyone was talking about. Is the worm supposedly a rewrite of someones
work and detectable by AV scanners does anyone know? If it is a new virus
than there may be a shortage of UPDATED scanners around. Most AV suppliers
like AVP (anti-viral tollkit pro who I have been happily using over Vet or
Norton for a whilst) will offer free online scans. www.avp.com is their site
if anyone is interested, they also have timelimited uncrippled downloads.