Re: NT chief warns of rail project collapse

Yes it is dodgy.  If the Alice Springs to Darwin
railway was everything that the "promoters" claim it to
be, I would reckon that private capital would have been
falling over themselves to build it, of course it has
not happened, for some very "economical" reasons.

When Hawke/Keating were in charge of the taxpayers
money they did everything to STOP any "silly notions"
of a north/south transcontinental, they sent SRA honcho
David what-is-name up here, even had Nifty Nev a former
NSW Premier up here to advise a railway was not on.

The present lot in Canberra are not intersted either.

....Tell