Re: [NSW] Plasma Screens

Platforms 22/23 have another problem (along with the City Circle Outer
platforms).  People travelling to the airport stations cannot readily (that is
instantaneously) identify an airport train from the plasma screens.  You have
to read the stations for the next train (not necessarily quick or convenient
depending upon the train's destination) and you remain unaware of the route of
the following two trains until they progress to being the next train.
Admittedly announcements improve on this situation but the info should be
readily available on the plasma screens.

A simple (in theory, I don't know about implementation) and universal solution
would be to use the aircraft icon (flashing perhaps) against the end of the
destination for the next and the following two trains where appropriate (and
also against the Domestic and International station names when scrolling).  It
would make matters much easier for travellers who are less likely to be savvy,
or perhaps completely ignorant, of CityRail operations and the AL/EHL
timetable.  It would also give a better idea as to when the next AL train is
due rather than only being made aware when it becomes the next train.

At Central all AL trains from 23 and all non-AL services from 22 would help
too.  There was some mention before the Olympics that platform 23 would get a
direct connection to the down AL rather than having to cross back to the IL
1st, is this still a happening thing in the immediate future?

Chris