Re: Victorian day trip

In article <3a4b1ddf@news.alphalink.com.au>,
  "whitehat" <whitehat@alphalink.com.au> wrote:
> What would you recommend as a day trip from Melbourne?
> We would prefer a train trip of up to a couple of hours, about half a
day
> for exploring and then a return train trip. We would welcome
suggestions.

> Thank you.
>
> whitehat

Apart from everything others suggested:

If you are a railfan, visit Seymour railway historical Center not far
away from Seymour.

Also check out WCR's homepage at www.wcr.com.au
WCR not only operate day tour to Warrnambool, they also operate tour to
Echuca included:

*A tour of the Port of Echuca , followed by a one hour cruise on a
vintage paddlesteamer.

and Bendigo with:

*The Vintage Talking Tram Tour

*Mine Experience Tour

*Central Deborah Cafe for lunch

*Chinese Golden Dragon Museum

*Bendigo Pottery (10% discount off retail purchases)

*Living Wings & Things

*Discovery Science and Technology Centre.

 The next Echuca/Bendigo tour will be operate on 1/28.

--
Cheers

Railway Rasputin

Sent via Deja.com