Re: Riverina and Nthn. Victoria

Graham Smith <dysonsmith@idx.com.au> wrote in message
3a511112@news1.idx.com.au">news:3a511112@news1.idx.com.au...
> Heading off to Melbourne via the Central West [Bathurst, Cowra]  Riverina
> [Wagga Narrandera]and Nthn Victoria [Echuca Kyabram Shepparton] in a
couple
> of days.
>
> What is the likely traffic which we might encounter as we trundle the
rural
> highways?

All depends on what day you are where... Sunday Arvo is the best day in
Echuca with a Down goods (to Deniliquin), Pass arrival, Pass Departure and
Up goods (same one, returning from Deniliquin, shunts at Echuca) and if
You're lucky, a WCR steam special once per month.

Shepparton has goods to Tocumwal and Melbourne and also pass services (Hoys)
to Melbourne. (And a Pilot that shunts at Mooroopna and Shep I think?)

That's all I can help with ATM, someone with more knowledge of the areas
will be able to provide you with more details....

Sam