Re: [NSW] A couple of CityRail questions.

Thank you for all the replies replies!

Regarding qn 3, they are not the traversers. They are static brick
buildings, that sit over a deep trench. I think the trench contains a
rail line. Some have suggested the line is part of the Illawarra dive.

Unfortunately I don't think I have been able to see all the replies for
some reason. I say this because I have seen quotation from a certain
reply, though not the reply itself! Hopefully the message will come up.

Thanks again, David.

In article <2p475t09o6395jj4bnr1u2suc9kbekcl6b@4ax.com>,
  billbolton@computer.org wrote:
> David Bradshaw <davidbradshaw@my-deja.com> wrote:
>
> > 2) Over the Harbour Bridge, and in the city circle tunnels, I have
> > noticed orange/yellow vertical strips of LED lights on the backs of
> > signals (or at least on the backs of signals when on the bridge.
What
> > is the significance of these?
>
> They appear to act as both train approach indicators, which extinguish
> when a train enters the section before the signal, and a back light
> for the signal when sighting back from a train which has just passed
> the signal (at least no other back light is visible now).
>
> > 3) When travelling along the western lines towards the city, between
> > Macdonaldtown and Redfern I have noticed small buildings
> > over 'culverts', on the left. The base of these buildings are at
about
> > the level of the tracks I was on, and appeared to sit over a lower
set
> > of tracks. Anyone know what these building are?
>
> Beats me... others have suggested its a traverser at the former
> carriage sheds, but the description above doesn't really fit a
> traverser very well?!?
>
> Cheers,
>
> Bill
>
> Bill Bolton