Re: Near miss at Victoria (London)

Bill Bolton <billbolton@computer.org> wrote in message
17575tsjehq35sgtncuk87i4snl8eihg3h@4ax.com">news:17575tsjehq35sgtncuk87i4snl8eihg3h@4ax.com...
> james_shugg@my-deja.com wrote:

>> trains in the vicinity, and cut power to the trains (they
>> were both sparks), averted a collision. According to media
>> reports, the trains had reached about 15mph, but ended
>> stopping about 15 metres apart.

>> Can signallers on the various Australian electric systems cut
>> power to trains like that

> No, and I'm very surprised to find that British signallers
> can!  Traction power routing control is a non-trivial excecise
> at the best of times.

ISTR that some of the IECC's (Integrated Electronic Control
Centre) have traction control as one of the workstations.  One of
the accounts I read a crash (either Southall or Ladbroke Grove)
described the IECC in charge, and went into detail how the
Signaller's operated the traction power, and cut said power
straight after the prang.

--
B.

Email - gunzel412 at dingoblue dot net dot au
ICQ#  - eight two three two nine seven three four
Phone - long, short, long, long.