Re: On my way to Australia from the US

In article <3a54b407.38476000@nntp.atl.mediaone.net>,
  joelpk@usa.net wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am on my way to your fair country on Jan 15. I will be "based" in
> Sydney at a friends for 2 weeks and then off to Tasmania for a
> tour.
>
> During the first 2 weeks I thought it might be fun to take a train
> somewhere interesting and be gone 3 to 5 days(or more)i. I love the
> train,

[snip]

Although there have been no regular mainline passenger services in
Tasmania since 1978, there is an active preservation scene down there
on both 3'6" and 2' gauge track. As a starting point, you could look at
http://www.tased.edu.au/tasonline/railtas/info/info.htm

Regards
James

Sent via Deja.com