Re: [Rumour] Shipment of freight wagons from PRC

Well, lets try and narrow it down then.  New carriages = influx in work
or carriages that have reached their use by date.  The way Aus is at
the moment, I would say the former.

Now, who has a large amount of work and (most likely) rolling stock
shortages? Pretty much all of the privateers except Tasrail. (yeah,
that really narrows it down, i know)

A suggestion; Could ATN be getting more hoppers to make two divisions;
One for NSW and one for Vic, meaning that only their locomotives would
be spread thinly.  Just a thought mind you.

Adam

In article <3A580C3E.E0487D8C@optushome.DOTcom.au>,
  peter.homann@prr.org.DOT.au wrote:
> I have heard an unsubstantiated rumour that there is a shipment of
> wagons on its way from China to a railway in Australia.
>
> Does anyone have any details, such as what the wagons are, who they're
> for, and where they'll be offloaded?
>
> Also, this rumour included a little teaser: there are apparently three
> "surprises" somewhere in the shipment.
>
> Wild imaginations can only dream as to what they could be....
>
> Cheers for now.
>
> --
> Peter Homann
> Steam Fireman, Pichi Richi Railway