Re: 1st class in Overland &XPT? (rod bot inserted)

On Wed, 10 Jan 2001 03:02:30 GMT, usenet.spam@gunzel.net (Michael)
wrote:

>Dave Proctor <daproc@spambait.ozemail.com.au> wrote in article
><z1C66.180573$IP1.6567038@news1.giganews.com>:
>
>>> Few weeks ago I planned to go to Sydney but could not get a seat on XPT
>>> (surprise!!) forced me to fly. But by doing so I saved one day
>>> accomadation
>>
>>Ever heard of a funky thing called the overnight XPT?
>
>All that wanking made you go blind? Even a cretin child could manage to
>read that he couldn't get a seat on the XPT.
>
>Pathetic really
>
>(-:
Ive also found that for travelling from Yass J to Melb the XPT is
often "booked out", and given Countrylinks either inablity / couldnt
be stuffed attitude about trying to cater for more passengers ,is
there any reason why another operator like for example GSR couldnt run
trains between Melb and Sydney in holiday periods .
Or does Country link have a monopoly on this route.
There used to be up to 9 trains leaving Melb and Sydney on Easter Eve
and during the Xmas Holidays ,the 2nd Daylight ran just about everyday
except sundays.
With the XPTs , all this ability to cater for extra passengers has
been totally lost.

MD