Re: [NSW] SPIs

In article <3a5c49a5@nap-ns1.netconnect.net.au>,
Chris Reardon <reardo@northnet.com.au> wrote:
>I noticed in November during a typical windows-spit-the-dummy moment at Town
>Hall that the screens were showing signs of burn, I would assume that this
>has been going on for some time and this would be the case at all of the
>Eastern Suburbs stations. I would think that scrolling would be of some help
>in this area, although I have to ask, what sort of adjustment to the program
>would it take to make the change?

 I don't think there is any solution - much of the display doesn't move anyway
or has text on it all the time, so the time displays are burning in, and the
next train destinations are also burning in. Eventually the phosphors in
those areas will start to fade away.

 If you changed the display to move these areas around, I think the effect
would be quite annoying, with the entire display jumping and re-arranging
itself periodicaly.

 These PC based things certainly are not going to have the longevity of the
lamps in a board system. !