Re: [Rumour] Shipment of freight wagons from PRC

On Wed, 10 Jan 2001 09:33:59 GMT, Adam <adamdunning@start.com.au>
wrote:

>Well Steamrail/SRV are committed top getting R700 going again.
>
>WCR eh?  I heard a rumor a while back they sent plans to China of a
>4-8-2 version of Victoria's R class...

I believe it was a 4-8-2 + 4-8-2, R-class Garratt actually.

There was some rumour about an investigation on reconstructing part of
the old Warrnambool Wharf Line to form part of a triangle to turn the
beastie. If WCR get that contract with some yet to be made known
courier service for parcels delivery along the way, and a contract
with the environmentalists for whale relocations which actually
involves extending the Wharf Line all the way out,  one R-class isn't
going to be enough.

( ;-)))

Les Brown