Re: VIC - Platform Trivia

Sam Eades (seades@bigpond.net.au) wrote:
> 1) In the Melbourne Electrified area (excluding city loop stations and
> Flemington Racecourse) where (and how long) is:
> - The Longest Platform?
> - The Shortest Platform?

Longest is 1/14 at Flinders St. Don't have the length to hand.

The shortest is probably the Spencer St parcels dock, although is it still
electrified? The standard gauge dock may be slightly shorter.

How did the former Flinders St milk dock compare?

> 2) Which heavy rail line has the shortest average platform length in the
> Melbourne metro area?

Stony Point line? If it's restricted to electrified lines, probably Alamein.

> 3) What is the shortest platform in Victoria with a regular passenger rail
> service currently scheduled to stop there?

Morradoo?

> 4) Name 2 Melbourne stations where the platforms don't all face the same
> direction (and I don't mean when 1 is curved the other is not, I mean the
> tracks go off on different angles).

Footscray and Brighton Beach.

> 5) Name a Victorian station (formerly a V/Line station, now on the suburban
> network) where services have been suspended, then resumed.

Cranbourne (and Epping if you include pre-V/Line).

Cheers
David