Re: Who maintains the ELs.

Evening All

The EL 's are serviced by Austrac at Junee on a 90 day cycle, what should happen is that an engine
due for service is swapped for one out of the pool, the engine requiring service is worked to Junee,
is fully serviced, washed and the cabin area cleaned, if the loco has no problems it is worked back
to the lessor, for use for the next cycle, if an engine has a major failure while in service it is
forwarded to Goninon's ASAP and an available engine from the pool is substituted, this does not
always happen as easily as it sounds ,due mainly to the fact that the EL's are rather popular loco's
which makes it difficult at times to produce another loco on demand.

Yours,    Pete Kilburn,
         Junee,

"Al Barrett" <ajbarrett@hunterlink.net.au> wrote in message 3a6111ae@news.hunterlink.net.au">news:3a6111ae@news.hunterlink.net.au...

Maurie Daly <mauried@tpg.com.au> wrote in message
3a60f3ad.12125744@can-news.tpg.com.au">news:3a60f3ad.12125744@can-news.tpg.com.au...
> Given the number of ELs on lease from CFCLA and the fact that they are
> in the main running around on the east coast who provides the regular
> routine maintenace..
> Is this a responsibility of the lessor or lessee ?

Dunno. Austrac crews clean the graffiti off them though.

Are they still gonna paint one in Austrac colours?????

_

thats my two cents

~
Al Barrett
ajbarrett@hunterlink.net.au
http://www.geocities.com/alsrailmotorpages

Any coments/opinions voiced are my own and do not represent the views of
anyone I may or may not work for.