Re: A couple of questions

> Just wondering.. why don't G-sets ever do runs to Newcastle??

G Sets were built to replace K set rosters that ran to Gosford/Wyong and
Wollongong/Port Kembla. and werent built to replace 160km interurban
journeys. The gauge from what I understand will fix a Tangara from Cowan to
Newcastle and they are medium gauge stock until they open their doors.

> And secondly, what are the other set of pylons just downstream of the
> Hawkesbury River Bridge???  They're only about 50m or so away fro the
current
> bridge.

They are the pylons of the first Hawkesbury River Bridge that closed in 1946
as one of the pylons had a major defect in it (it was about to fall into the
river).