Re: [General] Information about block working

In article <bjx86.3280$65.20516@newsfeeds.bigpond.com>,
  "Ronald BESDANSKY" <ronbest@bigpond.com> wrote:

> "keith malcolm" <kmalcolm@tpg.com.au> wrote in message
> Uxw86.68$CM6.17483@nsw.nnrp.telstra.net">news:Uxw86.68$CM6.17483@nsw.nnrp.telstra.net...
> >
> > Ronald BESDANSKY <ronbest@bigpond.com> wrote in message
> > 93w86.3228$65.19714@newsfeeds.bigpond.com">news:93w86.3228$65.19714@newsfeeds.bigpond.com...
> > > When a double-line manual track block  section ends at a 1) a
terminal
> > > station; or 2) a station where the line becomes single (worked by
OTS,
> ETS
> > > etc), how are trains accepted from the box in the rear? It would
seem
> that
> > > all trains would have to be accepted under the "line clear but
station
> or
> > > junction blocked" regulation. I think that is not normally
allowed for
> > > passenger trains??
> > >

> > Are there any locations where this can occur?
> >
> Many places, I would have thought - in the past, if not now - e.g.
(in NSW)
> Junee (double line to single line), various places on the West and
North,
> Unanderra, Camellia, Telarah. Also, in my first example,  Newcastle
> (dead-end  DLTB section) etc etc
>
> Rgds
>
> Ron Besdansky
> (Computer system project manager and rail enthusiast)
> Ph: +61 (0)2 9413 1136 (0900h - 2300h UT +11h) (Home)
>       +61 (0)417 671 541 (0900h - 2300h UT +11 h) (Mobile)

With Newcastle for example, trains coming off the auto section would
approach the Accept Signal which would give them authority to enter
Newcastle Interlocking area. This applies throughout. Basically trains
can enter a Double Line area without a request from the signal box in
front but then they'll approach it's Accept and that will give them the
authority to enter.

regards Ian
Signal Design Engineer

Sent via Deja.com