Re: Monachist TVMs

Actually Churchill was a conniving lying prick, as well as a very able
tactician and a shrewd and loyal Pom!
Churchill understandably was all for England.
Their is much evidence that supports a claim that he had deciphered the
codes before Pearl Harbour, and it would have been very bad for England if
America was alerted, and Pearl Harbour avoided. Pearl Harbour was allowed to
happen to guarantee the Yanks would declare war on the Axis.
My favourite Uncle was in the Middle East, when Churchill refused our
Generals permission to return troops to the Pacific conflict. McArthur and
Churchill both decided to let the Japs have Northern Australia, and the Japs
knew it. Even had the New Constitution drawn up and the money printed!
Our good old Government said Pommies be damned, We will return our troops
and fight our own war! We did, persuaded the Yanks to support us and
together we beat the Japs.
Britain has always been a selfish bunch, and have only ever used Australia,
for what they needed at the time. A place to dump convicts, then a place to
supply food, gold etc etc.
Common Market came along and we were abandoned very quickly.
Thank God for Chifley and others who guaranteed we had the resources and
know how to survive and some might say thrive.
Pommies are still our brothers though, and any such out pouring or racial
hatred is to be detested and those who promote it should be silenced and
feel very un-Australian.
3a640da8$0$15481$7f31c96c@news01.syd.optusnet.com.au">news:3a640da8$0$15481$7f31c96c@news01.syd.optusnet.com.au...