Re: Railway Digest Jan 2001

Erk wrote:

> I haven't fully read it yet but it looks good. Does this now mean that you
> can send in photos via email and don't have to worry about sending in your
> original photo or getting a reprint?
>
> Sounds good to me!

As I understood it, the e-mailed photo is simply a preview so the editor
can see if the photo is worthy of inclusion in RD. If they would like to
use it then they ask you to send in a high resolution photo on a zip
disk. If my interpretation of this is wrong then could someone (Derek?)
please correct me.

I have been waiting for this for a long time. As RD now accepts digital
photos, I will probably start sending a few of mine in.

BTW, as Derek Rogers reads this newsgroup, I'll ask a quesiton that I'm
sure many of you would like to know the answer to:

In the guidelines it asks contributors to only send in photos that
haven't appeared in another publication. Is a web site such as mine
considered another publication or are they only referring to other
magazines and books? A clarification on this would be appreciated as I
noticed that some of Ross Wall's photos in the January issue have
appeared on the internet.

--
- James Brook -

e-mail: