Re: Overland 114 years old today (Jan 19)

> Recently there's a surge in passengers number, I think the patronageis
> now better then late AN years and is continue rising. In fact thetrain
> attracts many people who never travel by train on this corridor. From
> April this year GSR will improve on board facilities, hope this will
> help the future of this train.

I don't think the train would remain in service if not commerically viable,
why, its just a name not the train. There have also been other trains,
maybe not quite as old but certainly historical that have been canceled.

ie Tasman limited, Brisbane limited, Southern Auroa, old Ghan etc,
count less mail trains, ie Tenntifield, Goondawindi, Wee Waa,
Winton etc

Bascically, if the service is not viable, its gone. If the operator thinks
there is a more economical form of service, ie XPT, its gone. If the line
is no longer viable, its gone.

Shane