Re: New Victorian main line operator

James C. (james_ccj@my-deja.com) wrote:
> > There are others.
> >
> > 321 - Port Dock Station Railway Museum
> > 334 - Limestone Coast Railway
> > 400 - Port Dock Station Railway Museum
> > 402 - South Gippsland Railway (privately owned)

> I took number 402 on 7/01(2 weeks ago). I must say Redhens aren't very
> suitable for tourist service as the seats are too low and windows
> position way too high.

That's the way SAR designed them for commuter service. There wasn't much
else available when SGR started.

> I heard an unconfirmed rumor no. 402 recently having some mechanical
> difficulties and would cost SGR  lots of $ to fix.

All the Hens which came from TransAdelaide were plagued with electrical
and transmission problems. Quite often this was because a fault was
patched with a bandaid repair rather than fixing it properly. Putting the
wiring back the way the electrical diagrams say it's supposed to go
usually fixed 3-4 problems at once. :)

Cheers
David