Re: [OT] - HAPPY AUSTRALIA DAY!!

> Going to try and catch as many trains down there as I can - I haven't
> been on a suburban diesel railcar service since the 2000's were
removed
> from service in Brisbane.

For some reason I like these railcars very much. Possibly beacuse I had
cab ride and chat with friendly railcar drivers many times. Also you
get to see front view.

> I still think QR should get some modern diesel-electric railcars for
> things like the Laidley service ...

There was a plan reported in RD a year ago. QR "investigating"
possibilty of replace the aging Westlander/Inlander loco haul fleet
with fast diesel railcars.

--
Cheers

Railway Rasputin