Re: Red Rattlers be damned!

Question: What's the best view in Victoria?

Answer: The view in the rear vision mirror as you head
north over the Murrey!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Regards An Ex Mexican..........................
"Rod [comtrain]" <freight_man@hotmail.com> wrote in message
3a717487$0$16411$7f31c96c@news01.syd.optusnet.com.au">news:3a717487$0$16411$7f31c96c@news01.syd.optusnet.com.au...

> It has taken a hundred years {to the day...}
> for those of you  who choose to live North of the Murray, to regain your
> composure, and try to regain your standing in this great Country of ours!
> After all, it did not take the "New Immigrants" long to desert Botony Bay,
> and spread all over this continent.
>
> Those of us in Victoria still remember where that first Parliament in 1901
> [despite the fact that most of the Ceremonies today completely ignored the
> fact]
> was held, and stayed for many years.[in Melbourne, the only place that had
> suitable building]
> All the power of the money was in Melbourne, where all the Industrial
> strength of this Country still lies.
> All Head Offices were built in Melbourne, and the Capital of Australia was
> almost Melbourne, because Sydney,
> with a Pub on every corner was just too frivolous a place to make our
> Capital. Finally after some hard bargaining,
> Canberra was set up, to stop all the Power of Government from staying
South
> .
> Sydney played catch up for the next 75 years, losing the race for Olympic
> Games, First Railway, a planned pretty city, and immigrants!
> Menzies kept Melbourne alive, but finally Whitlam, Fraser Keating [who
> scuttled the Melbourne 1996 Olympic bid]and all the other pro NSW
> Politicians mostly by sending our biggest Banks and Corporations broke,
and
> other things started moving it all back to Sydney. This probably cost
> Australia more than she could afford, but Hell now, we cannot let the poor
> old Premier State go down the gurgler,  now can we!
>
> Chin up New South Welshmen!
> but their is just one thing you can never take away from a
> Victorian...............
> The sheer pleasure of leaving your State and coming over the Murray and
HOME