Re: [OT] - HAPPY AUSTRALIA DAY!!

"Ted Gay" <tedgay@bigpond.com> wrote in message
cB3c6.9783$65.56304@newsfeeds.bigpond.com">news:cB3c6.9783$65.56304@newsfeeds.bigpond.com...

> "Sam Eades" <seades@bigpond.net.au> wrote in message
> aN1c6.83396$xW4.646540@news-server.bigpond.net.au">news:aN1c6.83396$xW4.646540@news-server.bigpond.net.au...
> > Happy Australia day everyone!!
> >
> > Anyone have any special Aussie plans for today?
> >
> > --
> > Sam Eades
> > seades@bigpond.net.au
> >

> An eight hour shift at double and a half!  The Sydney tram drivers will
earn
> it today, driving through Chinatown at Chinese New Year.  Do you think
> anyone will get out of the way of a tram if it means missing a view of the
> Dragon Dance?  Won't hear the tram bell or horn for the bashing of drums
> etc.
>
> But fairdinkum --- Happy Australia Day to all aus.railers!!
>
> Ted

I was a day out.  The dancing Dragon passed down Hay St today with the
spectators partially blocking the road.  A couple of police vainly trying to
get the crowd back on the footpath.

To-morrow, Sunday, a Chinese New Year parade from Sydney Town Hall to the
Entertainment Centre, starts 11:00, down George, Liverpool, Sussex and Hay
Streets.

Ted