Re: (Vic, Melb) Maribyrnong Siding.

On Fri, 26 Jan 2001 09:00:22 +1100, "Captain Warwick J. Somerville"
<marivcru@labyrinth.net.au> wrote:

>--------------08BB907EAD32EFA0627D24F1
>
>jshugg@westpac.com.au wrote:
>>
>> Just wondering, where do the VHEF full of briquette start their journey?
>>

>They start from the townships of Moe, Morwell, Traralgon and Yallourn.
>I was in this area last July 2000 while sit on the train back to Melbourne.

There is no siding at Moe these days (sigh). Yallourn does not exist
either as a town or a station. I believe that Traralgon has not seen
any wagons in its sidings for years. That leaves only Morwell. It is
from here that the briquette traffic has been originating.

Les Brown