Re: [NSW-Journal] Blue mountains trip today

Wait until the fog lifts in Katoomba, hah, the driver's probably still
laughing that you swallowed that one!

After 3" (" = inches) of rain in a very short period on Saturday afternoon the
cloud stayed with misty rain to showers all day Sunday mid-Mountains (which
means Katoomba was definitely fog/cloud bound).  In this sort of weather you
need to check the waterfalls and Jamison Valley from the bottom of the Scenic
Railway (or Sceniscender), straight out of the Jurassic era.

As for QR's ICEs have they done them up yet?  My most recent trips on them was
some 10-12 months ago, the two cars I rode had very tatty seats and a
neglected feel about them (although I suspect you don't get rained on as
happens beneath some air-con intakes on V-sets in heavy rain or extremely
humid conditions).  Although the carpet on some refurbished V-set cars is
already threadbare in places, not sufficiently industrial strength and clouded
double glazed windows are still a curse, I'll take a (decent) V-set over a
(decent) ICE any day for basic travel comfort.

Chris